The Colorado Department of Transportation (CDOT) on Tuesday issued the pursuing press launch relating to milling and paving operations on US Highway 6 amongst Avon and Dowd Junction:
The Colorado Section of Transportation, in collaboration with United Organizations, will start out milling operations this Thursday, June 24, as component of the resurfacing undertaking at the moment underway on US Highway 6 from Avon to Dowd Junction.
Paving functions will start June 28, with both predicted to be accomplished by the stop of July. Likely highway closures on US 6 are expected and will just take spot at various locations in between Mile Points 170 to 175. Operate on the project is anticipated to be finished in Slide 2021.
Milling operations will start on US 6 on Thursday, June 24, from MP 170.05 through MP 174.5 at the Avon/Beaver Creek roundabout. This function is predicted to be total on July 22. Sizeable traffic impacts at the Avon/Beaver Creek roundabout are envisioned, detours as a result of Eagle Vail at Stone Creek and Eagle Rd are greatly proposed. Paving functions will commence June 28 and will be done in late July.
Highway closures will commence on Stonebridge Street on US 6 at MP 171.13 on Monday, June 28. As the venture progresses, more road closures on the Eagle-Vail Street at MP 171.5, Stone Creek Street at MP 172.15, and Eagle Highway at MP 172.55 are expecteds. Evening closures are predicted on the I-70 eastbound on ramp at US 6 MP 172.66 and on I-70 at MP 169, as perfectly as night closures on the I-70 off ramp on US 6 at MP 174.86 and on I-70 at MP 171.
Significant targeted traffic impacts at Avon/Beaver Creek roundabout. It is remarkably suggested that targeted visitors detour as a result of Eagle Vail at Stone Creek and Eagle Rd.
Probable US 6 Closures
- Stonebridge Highway at MP 171.13
- Stone Creek Street at MP 172.15
- Eagle-Vail Road at MP 172.55
Likely I-70 Nighttime Closures
- I-70 eastbound on ramp at US 6 MP 172.66
- I-70 off ramp on US 6 at MP 174.86
- I-70 at MP 171
- I-70 at MP 169
Resurfacing operations will acquire place Monday by Friday, from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m. Speeds will be lowered to 35 mph in perform zones. Visitors regulate and temporary signals will be operating 24/7 with one lane closures at challenge work zones. Huge load limitations of 11 ft. will be in impact. Motorists are urged to use caution and look at for hefty devices. At moments, as a result of lanes and flip lanes may possibly be briefly shut to traffic causing temporary vacation delays. Any non permanent closures are to ensure the security of the staff and the traveling public.
Job & Vacation Information
For extra data about this task:
Vacationers are urged to “know just before you go.” Gather information about weather conditions forecasts and expected travel impacts and current street conditions prior to hitting the highway. CDOT resources include things like:
Bear in mind: Gradual For The Cone Zone
The next recommendations are to enable you continue to be safe when touring by upkeep and development work zones.
- Do not velocity in do the job zones. Obey the posted speed restrictions.
- Keep Notify! Expect the sudden.
- View for employees. Generate with caution.
- Never transform lanes unnecessarily.
- Steer clear of working with mobile equipment these as telephones whilst driving in get the job done zones.
- Convert on headlights so that personnel and other motorists can see you.
- Be specifically alert at night while driving in get the job done zones.
- Anticipate delays, specially for the duration of peak journey periods.
- Permit sufficient place between you and the automobile in entrance of you.
- Anticipate lane shifts and merge when directed to do so.
- Be affected individual!