GRAND JUNCTION, Colo. (KKCO) – The Colorado Division of Transportation has awarded the undertaking to Lawrence Building, who will start off the I-70 Glenwood Canyon Emergency Task repairs.
CDOT warns motorists to be expecting delays while traveling on I-70 Glenwood Canyon, because of to intermittent daytime and nighttime closures demanded for crews to complete mend do the job.
The restore operate to be finished especially focuses on Mile Issue 123.5 (Blue Gulch), which has experienced from substantial damage thanks to being hit by quite a few main product slides, which includes debris and mudslides. This section of roadway is at present down to one lane in every direction right up until repairs can be made.
Parts of the eastbound roadway retaining wall adjacent to the recreation route were being wrecked or severely damaged in the party. On the westbound deck, removal and rebuilding of the ruined parapet wall, and concrete deck will be in tandem with the function on the culvert.
CDOT crews have been hectic environment up long lasting traffic control boundaries at this MP. They have also been excavating and hauling debris to prepare for the 1st stage of the venture to start off.
“We are encouraged to get this job kicked off and have a contractor that mobilized so speedily and is making use of a myriad of community assistance,” mentioned CDOT Govt Director, Shoshana Lew. “We recognize how impactful the closures of the canyon are on the neighborhood economic system. Governor Polis has been distinct that he wishes anything done ahead of Thanksgiving, and we are optimistic we will have the interstate back open up to four lanes at this spot by the conclude of November.”
- Function is scheduled Monday through Friday from 7 a.m. to 5 p.m.
- There is at present a everlasting 1 lane closure at Mile Place 123.5 (Blue Gulch). Headed westbound the closure is .5 miles extensive, headed eastbound the closure is 1.5 miles prolonged.
- Intermittent lane closures should really be envisioned for utility do the job that will also be existing in the canyon.
- A number of night time closures are discovered in the contract in get to execute basic safety vital work that would be complicated to perform underneath live visitors. Individuals closures will affect a single path of vacation at a time and simply cannot be consecutive nights. A strong outreach prepare is in place to alert locals and readers of these closures at least 72 hours just before they are initiated.
- Motorists should really foresee delays based on targeted traffic volumes.
- It is critical for motorists to generate the posted velocity restrict via the work zone and go away a great deal of place concerning your vehicle and the auto in entrance of you.
- Tourists are urged to gradual down, obey the posted reduced pace restrict and prevent all interruptions.
This recent phase of the crisis job is $6.1M.
For additional details on task updates, you should simply call (970) 319-1887 or electronic mail [email protected]
Copyright 2021 KKCO. All legal rights reserved.