EAGLE, GARFIELD, MESA, AND SUMMIT COUNTIES, Colo — On July 12, The Colorado Department of Transportation and Contractor Colorado Barricade will start out setting up wrong-way detection programs at 87 off-ramp areas alongside Interstate 70.
The job is found together I-70, beginning at Exit 205 (Silverthorne) in Summit County and going west. The job will conclude with Exit 2 (Rabbit Valley) in Mesa County, close to two miles east of the Utah/Colorado border. Function will boost mistaken-way detection methods and signage.
Wrong-way detection methods and signage will enable avoid motorists from coming into the interstate from the wrong path. New signage and pavement markings will improve safety to motorists by stopping fatalities caused by driving the wrong route on to non-signalized highways.
Get the job done is scheduled to start off on July 12 and is expected to continue as a result of mid October. Typical doing the job hours will be Monday by means of Thursday from 7 a.m. to 7 p.m.
- Tourists by car or truck can count on numerous lane closures in which get the job done zones exist, during daylight several hours, Monday through Thursday.
Task & Journey Facts
For additional data about this venture, speak to the task crew.
Travelers are urged to “know in advance of you go.” Obtain facts about climate forecasts and anticipated journey impacts and existing highway conditions prior to hitting the road. CDOT assets contain:
Bear in mind: Gradual For The Cone Zone
The subsequent guidelines are to aid you continue to be harmless when traveling as a result of upkeep and construction get the job done zones.
- Do not pace in do the job zones. Obey the posted velocity restrictions.
- Remain Notify! Anticipate the unexpected.
- Observe for staff. Travel with warning.
- Really don’t transform lanes unnecessarily.
- Stay clear of employing mobile equipment this sort of as phones although driving in get the job done zones.
- Turn on headlights so that employees and other motorists can see you.
- Be particularly notify at night although driving in do the job zones.
- Assume delays, specially in the course of peak travel periods.
- Let sufficient house between you and the car in front of you.
- Foresee lane shifts and merge when directed to do so.
- Be affected individual!
About CDOTCDOT’s Entire Procedure-Full Basic safety plan has 1 easy mission — to get anyone house safely. Our somewhere around 3,000 employees function tirelessly to minimize the rate and severity of crashes and strengthen the protection of all modes of transportation. The office manages far more than 23,000 lane miles of freeway, extra than 3,000 bridges, and 35 mountain passes. CDOT also manages grant partnerships with a array of companies, which include metropolitan planning companies, area governments, and airports. It also operates Bustang, the state-owned interregional convey bus company. Gov. Jared Polis has charged CDOT to further develop on the state’s intermodal mobility alternatives.